Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2016 Book of the Month

The June Book of the Month honor goes to Melissa Corry's Irish Chain Quilts!



Purchased months ago and buried in a stack of books, it's been rediscovered after moving to a place in the bookcase. 

Leafing through, I've chosen the pattern Breaking Up,



a nice sized lap quilt around 56" x 74", and quite striking, don't you think?

I went through the 5" squares again, and found several squares of a pretty peach print as my starting point. It's the one in the center.



I'll get started with what I can, as a trip for a navy blue solid is in order. Can you believe there's none in my stash?

Speaking of fabric, my favorite site, Craftsy, is having a Mystery Box Giveaway!


The mystery box will be packed with items of your chosen craft and will send one to a friend of your choosing. To enter, sign in to your Craftsy account, or sign up if your not a member. And the more people, the better the chance to win! 

Good luck and have a great day quilting!


2 comments:

  1. That will be lovely. She has several great chains in that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she does - hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!