Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Ripple Effect

Announcing my newest creation, Ripple Effect!
Some quilts inspire others, and some create leftovers for another, creating a chain reaction or ripple. Remember those leftover curved pieces from the Glorified 9-Patch, Oh, Baby Baby?
Couldn't let them go to waste!  So I designed Ripple Effect with a bit of a modern flair, not only in it's design, but also it's quilting.

I'd been itching for a few months to do modern style quilting after taking Angela Walter's 'Machine Quilting Negative Space' class on Blueprint.com.      
                        
I used to be terrified of negative space--I would avoid Snowball blocks at all costs!  I just had no idea what to do with all that empty area. I designed this quilt specifically to quilt some negative space!




Happy Quilting!
  

5 comments:

  1. I loved the Ripple Effect, because I too would like to practice FMQ for the same Craftsy class. This pattern is absolutely perfect. I could make the sandwiched samples, but....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your new creation as well as the 'new/fresh look' to your blog - AWESOME! I took Angela's Machine Quilting Negative Spaces Craftsy class, too and it was worth every penny. As soon as I get caught up, would love to try some more modern quilting, you and Angela make it look FUN!

    ~Deb/IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful and amazing how you used those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comments! And I agree--that class was worth every penny and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for saying such sweet things about the class! I am so glad you were inspired to try something new!! Great job on your FMQ!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting...you just made my day!