after having started with this.
The first round of quilts, Purple and Pink, Violet Riot, and Purple Passionflower
brought the pile to this.
After another round of sorting, these triangles surfaced.
What to do with these? Though I really didn't want to trim some of the larger pieces, I decided that was the best option. It also helped that I was inspired by a recent Craftsy class, Better Quilts: Thinking Outside the Blocks (affiliate link) to use my Tri-Recs Ruler.
This tool has been sitting idle far too long! And now with the addition of some green and orange, I've got blocks!
I think I'm only going to get nine blocks, and will have to work out a border to make this quilt a bit bigger, cause those triangles were pretty small!
And with the rest of the pile of scraps, I made up four 4" squares,
which may end up as pinwheels, to go along with the big one.
I'll see how each of these play with other pieces of the RSC 17 the rainbow quilt later in the year.
And there's one more quilt in works using these.
Busy, busy, busy. Now I'm off to work on a border.