Friday, October 21, 2016

The Hoppy Quilts

Two more finishes this week, the very cute Hoppy quilts! One in green for a boy,

Hoppy quilt in green
























and one in pink for a girl.

Hoppy quilt in pink
It  looks like these frogs just jumped onto the quilts - they are so darned cute!

Hoppy pink quilt closeup


Hoppy green quilt closeup

 Using the fusible applique method, their little bodies aren't stuck to the quilt top, giving them a bit of dimension. If I had had the forethought, I would have put a little extra batting inside them to really puff them up, though they look great the way they are.

I liked the quilting that was used on Hoppy in the Flip & Fuse Quilts book,


and figured out how to quilt a continuous line with minimal backtracking. 

Hoppy green quilt quilting

Just love the look it gives to these blocks!

And can't forget the backs. Many thanks to my neighbor who was selling off her stash - I've put the frogs to good use.

Hoppy green quilt back

Hoppy pink quilt back

I have really been enjoying the interfacing applique technique, can't you tell? So far, four quilts. Seed Mix, Unlimited, and these two. And there's another project lined up, and a couple more in my head. I'll give some progress reports in a few days.

Have a great day quilting!






23 comments:

  1. love your frogs - I need to find my old pattern and send you a photo of the large frog on the quilt I did years ago - I haven't seen that pattern out in blog land

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute, and the backing fabric was definitely a score! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your frog quilts. Must look for that book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the frog- these quilts are just too cute! Your quilting is fantastic! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a fun pattern - the frogs are just too cute!

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you are having so much fun "working" your way thru your quilt books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on a roll with this book. Such nice quilts and, of course, your quilting is top-notch. I'm looking forward to seeing your next projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely on a roll! I think spending two months on a book is working out so much better - really gives me a chance to explore the book

      Delete
  7. AWESOME job!!! Looove the Hoppy Quilts!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are adorable, I agree!

      Delete
  8. What cute frogs! And I love that pink frog backing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What adorable Hoppy quilts! Your quilting is perfect on both!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! I like how the frogs look like they hopped on for a ride! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so cute. Oh yes...the extra loft would be such fun inside the frog. Next quilt.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the fun geometric shapes that your quilting adds to each one! Congratulations on 2 great finishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love this. Gotta get this book So is this FMG ? It's beautiful quilted and perfect for this quilt..

    ReplyDelete
  15. these make great child quilts loving the frog and the backings too are so nice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok...totally adorable!!!! They make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are really cool! I love how a single well thought applique piece can change the feel of the entire quilt! And great job with the quilting design too, I like the "storm at sea" effect! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are adorable. The frogs are too darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are adorable!!! Such cute designs. Love!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!