Saturday, January 16, 2016

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, it's my birthday!


Through the years, I've discovered that no one knows it's your birthday unless you tell them. And I normally don't say anything, but this year, I'm letting everyone know. I'm turning 28 - again!

What do I have in store for my birthday? Well, yesterday, I went to my LQS and received 25% off fabric. Sweet! I 'needed' some pretty pink batiks for my Valentine project, which I've been designing all week, and will finish up next weekend.

Today, though, I'm driving to Southern CA to spend the weekend with my son. Maybe he'll make me a birthday cake, just like he did last year. And take me to his favorite quilt shop, Rosie's Calico Cupboard, for fabric. He's such a great kid! Hmm, is he buying?

And the biggest present - three days of classes at Road2CA, my favorite quilt show! 


Of course, on the way there, I'll stop in at M and L Fabrics, where it's fabric overload! Definitely have to practice restraint!

While at Road, I'll be working not only current class projects, but those from the past. Remember Santorini, the pictorial piece I started with Lenore Crawford at last years' Road? 


I'm taking it, the paints, and lots of determination. It will still need the tree, gate, bars, and a railing; applique parts to finish up when I'm home, but if I can finish the painting...

And last, but not least, I may treat myself to a new Craftsy class. This weekend only, 1/16 thru 1/18, all new Craftsy classes are just $14.99! Wow! I'm eyeing a new class, Disappearing Blocks with Precuts by Angela Pingel, to top off my celebration. 


Looks like fun! Not that I need to buy precuts - I can always cut my stash!

See you again when I'm at Road!

14 comments:

  1. Susan, you have the perfect birthday weekend planned! Enjoy it all...you're only 28 once (or twice)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY B-DAY! HOPE IT IS FILL WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday,and have an amazing and great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like a great birthday celebration, a multi-day one at that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful celebration! I wish you the happiest of birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Have a great weekend, & year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. Hope there is a cake waiting! Sounds like you have the most wonderful time planned. Enjoy your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday and enjoy your visit with your son and the quilt store.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you have an awesome birthday week planned!!! Have a blast at Road to California!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Cake and Candles Day Susan. You really now how to treat yourself:) Is there room in your backseat haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday!!!! It can't get much better than a visit to Rosie's. Have fun and enjoy Road.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday!! It looks as you are going to have so much fun! Enjoy the Road to California, and please share some pictures with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!