Thursday, November 12, 2015

Quilt Trunk Show

Did someone mention trunk show? Why, yes, over at Whims and Fancies. Bloggers posting pictures, all in one place, of their favorite quilts. What fun!

My choices were tough--I have so many favorites! But I narrowed it down to the following 10 quilts. Feel free to click on the titles to read the original post.

#1 Patriotic Wave Table Runner



Designed by me, and made this past July, this is my all time favorite. Clean and crisp, it really celebrates the USA. There is a pattern available at my Craftsy shop if you love it too!

#2 Chocolate Covered Cherries 



This was made by free cutting, and the colors are so delicious, they remind me of chocolate covered cherries.

#3  Pumpkat Patch 




Another of my table runner designs (pattern available here), this one has the fall colors I love, and of course, a cat!

#4  Spangled Stars 



In the spring, I hosted my first QAL, and Spangled Stars was the result. Another clean, crisp red/white/blue quilt!

#5  Scraplicious Florabunda 



Made last year, Scraplicious Florabunda is one of my favorite floral quilts. Love the quilting in the borders!

#6  Fred, the Fugitive 



I love this guy! Such attitude! He graces my kitchen most of the year.

#7  Metro Rings Medallion 



This one holds a special place in my heart, as it was a wedding gift to my nephew. I made another in a different colorway, Frozen, but I like this one better.

#8  Falling Leaves 



Another quilt with those favorite fall colors, this one just sings! Currently residing on the living room chair until Thanksgiving is over.

#9  Trio Two 



Take a simple scrap quilt and turn it into something extraordinary! I love this quilt for the quilting on a simple design--wow! And yes, I did that!

#10  Dragon War 


I don't have a post on this one, as I made it a couple years before blogging. Made for my son, who loves dinosaurs and dragons (kinda related, huh?), this was my first foray into landscape quilting and curved piecing. 

And that's my list of all-time favorites! Hope you enjoyed the trunk show. Be sure to head over to Whims and Fancies for more!

Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And Fancies

Happy Quilting!

24 comments:

  1. Oh such beautiful projects! That rooster caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful projects. Love your pumpkin/cat table runner. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely variety of quilts and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work, as usual. I really love Dragon War! It is stunning. (and still love Spangled Stars)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilts are absolutely beautiful! Absolutely adore Trio Two! The quilting is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quilts, so glad you shared your Trunk full, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trunk show is amazing and full of so many beautiful quilts! My grandsons would love that dragon quilt. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, there is no end to your talent. They're all wonderful. The dragons are so cute. My sis is a dragon fan. So I'm always drawn to dragon stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do so love that rooster as well as all the other quilts. Thanks for sharing these wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many great quilts, wonderful trunk show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun trunk show! I really like your quilts, but the one that stands out to me is the rooster--the way to combined the fabrics to make the details. I can see why you like having him in your kitchen where you can see him everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Rooster and A Cat--what more could you want? Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made some gorgeous quilts. I love the rooster and your kitty hiding behind the pumpkins. My favorite has to be your dragon quilt, that is pretty spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful quilts. I, too, love Fred!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all so beautiful! I love kitties and fall, so of course I love Pumpkat Patch. The Dragon War quilt is incredible! Thanks so much for sharing.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like #4, clean lines and a place for the eye to rest. great quilt

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have a wonderful trunk show here! LOVE the dragons and the Americana quilts. Also love how the background quilting on the rooster looks like he's escaped through a hole in the fencing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your dragon quilt. My son is also a dragon lover.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so enjoying seeing your trunk show. I love your clean beautiful style!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All the quilts in your trunk are to love, but Fred the Fugitive is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Soooo many beautiful quilts! Love your Scraplicious Florabunda quilt blooming ever so floraliciously!! Your Spangled Stars is truly inspired! Your quilting is spectacular. It has been a delight to have a peek at your trunk!

    ReplyDelete
  22. omgosh I like them all. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hopping the Trunk Show...love your table runners! THink that will be what I make next!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!