Here's a picture of some of the jars from the quilt club swap of 60 5" squares.
From those 60, I pulled out all the fabrics with animals or bugs, plus a couple that went with anything, which amounted to 20. Once those jars were made, I figured I had just enough background fabric for another row and column. But I needed 10 more animal squares. Quite a bit of digging through the stash finally yielded the squares, without having to cut into any yardage. Phew!
With a 1" sashing in between everything, I had just enough background. As in, I have one 1 1/2" strip left. Talk about using up fabric!
Another hunt through the stash yielded a great fabric with colored dots for the borders. It's at the bottom of the picture.
Quilting was a pantograph called Dandy, which suits the jars just fine!
Lucky child that gets this one!
If you have novelty fabrics or squares to create your own I Spy Jars quilt, I've given brief instructions on how to make one here. They're easy snowball blocks with lids. Email me if you have any questions!
Have a great day quilting!