It's just a top at the moment, but hey, it's lucky to even be that!
I found Parkbench yesterday when searching for fabric and cleaning up in preparation for my Spangled Stars Quilt-Along. Finally deciding that I did not want to make any more blocks, I laid out the three blocks I had on the floor.
Pieces that were ready for another block filled in some of the edges.
Told myself, 'Looks great! Sew it! Get it done!'
Figuring this would go on a light grey background, the remaining corner areas are filled in. Now I have three diamonds.
Notice in this picture that the lower right diamond is turned the wrong way so that the yellows don't touch. Did I notice? Not until I had the whole thing sewn together! Dang it!
Anyway, now I just needed four corners to make this a rectangle. Easy enough. Using a wide enough piece of background fabric, it's folded right sides together so that a mirror image piece for the other edge is cut at the same time. One of the diamonds placed on top yields the right angle for cutting.
The corner piece is pinned on and sewn,
and the same is done for the other edge with the remaining piece.
Now for the other side. Since that angle is already cut on the background fabric, it just needed a straight trim on the other side, yielding two more pieces for the other corners.
Notice the Y seam. They are really not difficult. Just start 1/4" in from the center, and use a few backstitches so the seam doesn't come undone. One leg is sewn here,
then another leg, and finally the last. I'm calling it done.
And, yes, I fixed the orientation of the wrong-way diamond. Now it looks better!
Tomorrow, I'll have some more information about my Spangled Stars Quilt-Along, which starts this Thursday, April 30. The more I play with color options, the more I fall in love with this quilt! I do hope you'll join me!