Saturday, November 29, 2014

More Black Friday

The Black Friday deals just keep coming!  This morning, I headed to Michael's to take advantage of a doorbuster price of $18.88 on an LED OttLite.
It's a very flexible, and bright table top LED model, which I've placed next to the sofa for when I'm sewing bindings.
The brightness on the sofa arm comes from this light.  If you get a chance, go get one!

Yesterday's deal was 30% off Silhouette products at Joann's, though I think they were 40% off online.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find enough to qualify for free shipping, so I opted for the store.  Got a couple more mats, and a blade.
With the addition of the Silhouette cutter to my quilting space, I also purchased an applique class through Craftsy.
I really like the look of hand applique, but just don't have the time to devote to it.  This a machine technique that's supposed to look like it's done by hand, which will hopefully end my search for the look I want.

Since I'm on a never ending quest to use up my stash, especially the old stuff, I also purchased Strip Your Stash.
Looks like it could provide some interesting ways to use up what I've got.  If you haven't checked out their sale--$19.99 or less on classes--click on the link below to see all of their offerings.  Prices good through Monday night, December 1st. 
Online Quilting Class


And last but not least, some progress on the November Book of the Month.  Can you believe I waited until the 29th to work on this???  Just too many things in my life during November!
I decided to do the Modern Grace pattern,
from the book, Supersize 'Em,
pulling out purple fabrics to go with the B+W floral print I got earlier in the month.
The pattern calls for a bold B+W stripe, but that's nowhere to be found, even in my extensive B+W stash.  So, I'm going to have to stitch solid black and solid white together in rows to get the same effect.  Wish another fabric could substitute, but the pattern really looks better with it.

Okay, enough shopping!  It's time for me to get to work sewing those B+W strips.

Have a great weekend shopping and quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!