Saturday, October 11, 2014

I've Got Blocks!

Woohoo!  I've gotten some blocks made, and boy, are they pretty!

If you remember, I'm using the fall fabrics I won in the basket last month.  I went through my stash, which another quilter labelled 'vintage', and pulled out more leaf fabric, and any purple, orange, or brown that had a leaf pattern on it. Usually those fabrics that I wonder how I'm going to use. 

Well, now they have a home in this quilt, and they are shining!  The purple and orange add such a nice spark--who'd of thought? Years ago, I would have been afraid to put all of these together, but the more I do scrap quilts, the better I've gotten at them, and the more I like them!

Though I'm following a pattern in the book, Sizzling Quilts from a Simple Block, I'm not sticking to the original layout, which is this:
Instead, I just put the blocks up on the wall, working with a zigzag design.
This so far, this is twenty blocks.  And I'm loving this layout! After I stood back to look at it, quilting inspiration came to me, that of falling leaves.  Yes!  And all was happy and good in my quilting world!  Love it when everything just flows like that.  It's a great feeling!

Hope to have a few more done by Monday.  We'll see.  I've got to prep for my diamond class on Tuesday.

Have a great weekend quilting!





2 comments:

  1. I agree, the purple and orange was needed to add a brightness to the fall colors. I'm glad your creative juices are flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the way your colors are playing together and really like the layout. Falling leaves for the quilting? That will be very cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!