Thursday, October 30, 2014

Book of the Month Progress

Finally some progress to report!  The top for the September/October Book of the Month, Sizzling Quilts from a Simple Block is done.
I'm holding off on showing the whole quilt until the quilting is finished. But I think you get the idea of the layout.

This quilt is one of my favorites for many reasons.  The first is how easy it was to put together.  The woodpile blocks made great use of strip piecing, and the ability to use a variety of fabrics.  The more scrap quilts I do, the more I love them!

Second reason I like this quilt is because of the colors.  As a kid, I lived in Vermont and Maine, where the fall colors dazzled me every year.  Even though I'm a pink person at heart, I love the colors of fall, and find myself always drawn to them.

The third reason to love this is I have enough to make another! 
Here's fabric
 and strip sets
and block parts
and seven blocks!
But the next one will be a different layout.  That's the beauty of these blocks--there are many different layouts possible.  If you can, give these blocks a try.  It's a great way to use up your stash!

Happy Quilting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!