Monday, August 18, 2014

Class Projects

Maybe I'm a bit ahead of myself, but in October, I'm teaching a class on the cutting and sewing of diamonds.  So yesterday, I spent the day constructing this sample table runner.
Yes, a table runner.  In my house, it's more like hutch runner, cause that's where it's going!  Measuring in at 20" x 60", it's the perfect size for my hutch.

Colors for this runner were inspired by this fabric
which is on the border.  Here's a closeup of the various prints. 
A nice fall variety and I think I'll quilt leaves on it.  Hope the students aren't scared of diamonds after my class.

Another class project I finished up is my hexie coaster.
Turned out nice, except I'll try a thread that blends in better next time.  The instructor recommended a medium grey thread, but in this case, I think red would have been better.  But not bad for a first attempt.

And I'm finishing up the binding, hanging sleeve, and label on my aqua flowers.  Almost there for the grand reveal!

Until then, Happy Quilting!







3 comments:

  1. love the diamonds - especially the colors. This question is totally unrelated to the post - how do you add the little icons for Facebook, Twitter, etc on your blog - the little pink cones of thread. I've searched all over and can't find out how. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your diamond table runner! The colors are great and I am definitely going through a "diamond phase." :) Have you tried the Side Kick ruler for cutting diamonds? I just recently found it - LOVE it! And other shapes can be cut with it so it can serve as a multipurpose ruler - even better :) The hexie flower looks really good for a first attempt! I haven't done hexies yet. . . I bought some and then gave them away LOL

    The quilting on your aqua flower wall hanging is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is looking wonderful! Good luck with the class.

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!