Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Unfinished List

Now that life has settled back into routine, I have renewed quilting energy.  I've assessed what I've finished this year, and what is still waiting for, shall we say, inspiration?
Such is the case with this stack.  Sometimes I feel I have to be in the right frame of mind for quilting designs, and that certainly hasn't happened for the last few months.  But I know I'll get there, and eventually these will get quilted.

The peach/teal diamond quilt is still a WIP, and needs some sort of a border, which I haven't figured out yet.  
Without it, the quilt is rather boring. I'm leaning toward something pieced (on the left) versus just a strip of fabric (on the right).  This one needs to get finished to free up space on my design wall.  Another inspiration problem.

My unfinished list also includes a few tops in progress.  Two appliqued quilts need the blocks sewn together (this is one of them)

and another needs the undersea applique.
I have the fabric for it, I just need to spend the time looking at our Great Barrier Reef snorkeling pictures to compose the scene, and figure out how to make it look somewhat realistic.  This one might involve a few classes first before I work up the courage.

There are a few blocks laying around that need a few more to be a top of a useful size, and I'm still waiting for the Quick Curve Ruler and Metro rings pattern.  Hmm, I should get that fabric washed and pressed...

Well, until inspiration strikes, I'm tempted by other fun projects.  I'll post about those later.  Now just how many can I juggle at once???

Happy Quilting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Such gorgeous quilts!!! I also like the left side on the peach/teal diamond quilt! I can't wait to see what you do with your underwater quilt - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!