Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Row by Row

Last month during the Bay Area Shop Hop, a few of the quilt shops were promoting the Row by Row Experience.  


http://www.rowbyrowexperience.com/


What's that, I asked?  Well, it's a different kind of shop hop that started in New York three years ago, and has now expanded across the nation!

The way this works, is that a quilter visits a participating shop to pick up the row pattern that the shop designed.  Proceed to the next shop, and do the same.  Arrive home, and begin sewing each shops' pattern.  If the quilter has managed to sew eight different rows, then assemble them into a top, and quilt and bind said top, the quilter can take it to a participating shop to hopefully be the first to complete the quilt and win 25 fat quarters from that shop.  And there is a bonus prize if that shops' row is in the quilt.

Doesn't this sound fun?  And yes, I got sucked into it!  Did I need another project?  No, but I like the different rows that have been designed, and it looks to be a fun project.

Here's what I have so far.
Picked this pattern up last week at a Modern Guild meeting held in one of the quilt shops.  I have to admit, this one was not that fun to assemble, and I did make a mistake, but I'll let you find it.  No plans for a fix, I'm just letting it go!

I'll post more as I get them done.  Maybe I'll have to plan another trip to visit some different shops....

Happy Quilting!
 

1 comment:

  1. Can't find any mistake! It's lovely. Those row by row patterns can be pretty creative. I definitely think you should travel to some more shops!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!