Friday, June 20, 2014

Not Much of Anything

I have so little to show for this week!  I've spent maybe 30 minutes in my sewing room, mainly cleaning and organizing.  And the Book of the Month project, using Diamond Chain Quilts by Barbara Cline and the leftover pieces from my diamond top, keeps whirling in my mind.  I managed to play a little bit with the pieces, and here's some possibilities:
This was my first idea, and it's not bad.  But it's not great either.  It's just there.  I worked on this in EQ7, but in reality, it just doesn't do much for me.  Needs more work, but I'm stumped.
Then I thought I'd try clumps.  Again, okay, but not a fascinating design.  So, I think it's out.
This is better, but rather mundane.  So, probably not.
Now, this one, a variation of the last, is a good possibility.  I like it so far, but it still needs a bit of work to really be great.  And I'm still thinking about what to use as the background, as I'm getting tired of white.  Guess I should focus on finding a background fabric during our Bay Area Shop Hop this weekend, and not just the black on white prints I'm adding to the stash.
I'm purchasing half yard cuts when I find them as it's so hard to find black on white, with more white than black, and no identifying image.  Black on whites are easy to spot, but a background for teal diamonds??  Well, eight more shops to go!!  Hope I'm lucky in my search for both fabrics.

Be sure to make quilty time today!

Happy Quilting!





 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your search for black on white fabrics. Whatever you buy won't be wasted...there may come a day when you want to make a low volume quilt.
    Just a suggestion here but for your last two diamond examples, why not change out one of your diamonds for one made with oranges (or another color) to sort of shake things up.

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!