Monday, June 9, 2014

ABC 123

This ABC quilt has waited for almost 3 months to be quilted, and now it's finished!  Done in primary colors,
it's my same pattern as the quilt top I used for testing an Innova machine, except that one was in pastels.
Also, there was a slight change in the design--no four patch squares in the primary one.
 
Here are some quilting closeups.  The background is a simple arching fill, with ruler work in the blue and yellow parts, and a swirl design for the green strips.   The Innova made those so simple!

This one also has a machine sewn binding, using a interesting technique to form the green piping. 
A Yahoo list mom suggested it, and I thought I would try it on this quilt.  She does such a great job with the tutorial that I find no need to repeat it!  Click here to check it out.  Certainly gave this quilt a neat finish!

Next post--fusible applique!

Happy Quilting!
 



1 comment:

  1. Great quilts and quilting! Love the faux piping on the binding! Aren't Innova's great? I've had mine for 5.5 years and use it most every day!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!