Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Sewing Room

What's wrong with these pictures?

Where did the machines go????
No, they didn't get stolen!  And no, they're not in for spa treatments!

The longarm, a Tin Lizzie 18LS, is now off to another home, without her companion frame.  But someone may take this friend home this weekend.  They both need to say goodbye, so that a new machine can move in.

Yes, a week and half ago we took the plunge and  ordered an Innova 22" LS machine, and it should be here in two weeks!  Can't wait!  So, I've been busy cleaning the sewing room, packing up the other machine, and getting things ready.

Now, the other machine was out for a class today.  Sherry Werum of mosaicque.com taught a class on making a sweatshirt jacket.  I've always wanted to do one, so this was great opportunity to get it started.
Here's what I've got so far:
Not very exciting at the moment, as it needs some binding strips.  Hopefully I'll work on it more tomorrow.

And I'm still plugging away at my scraps.  This is the latest idea
Not sure if I'll stop with the medium values, or add more rows with the darks and lights.  Progress to be posted later!

Wish I had pretty quilting pictures or finishes to show, but it will have to wait until I get the new machine.

Hope you've had a wonderful day quilting! 



 

1 comment:

  1. Wooohooo!!! Congratulations on the new Innova!!! Welcome to the Innova family - I've had mine for 5.5 years and love her to pieces! Your learning curve will be much less than mine was since it was my first longarm...I can't wait to see your quilting on your new bestie!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!