Finally, hubby did come to the rescue, but I'm not convinced the problem is solved. So, I'm trying to get this post written before I lose my connection again. Let's get to quilting!
Last week, I finished up the piecing of my scrap flowers, adding the border yesterday.
I'm really happy with how this turned out, after I made a few changes of course!
All through the weekend, the pieced work hung on the design wall, and there were a few spots that bugged me.
See the arrows on the left? Closeup, they look fine. But from a distance, the darker greens blended with the teal bud, so it was hard to tell what was in that area.
So, yesterday, out came the seam ripper, and my collection of greens. Yes, I had to cut into some yardage, as all my other lighter green pieces were gone. But at least I used them up!
Replacing those three pieces now gives the bud better definition,
even from a distance!
Wish I would have paid attention to this when I first pieced it, but at least it was an easy fix, and well worth it!
Don't be afraid to rip some seams to improve your design. I know I'd rather have something I'm happy with versus always wishing I'd taken the effort to fix it.
For a tutorial on piecing this, check out my post, Playing for More Than 15 Minutes.