Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Scrap Busting

My scraps are overflowing!  And I'm running out of room to store them!
My last top, with the diamonds, generated a LOT of scraps!  Now, some of you would call this mess crumbs, and maybe just throw them away.  But if there are pieces big enough to be sewn, to me, they're usable.  It's really hard to throw away a 2" square!

So, for this month, I'm going to play!  And I've got the book 
15 Minutes Play--Improvisational Quilts by Victoria Findlay Wolfe as my inspiration.
http://www.amazon.com/minutes-Play-Improvisational-Quilts-Made-Fabric/dp/1607055864/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_til?tag=quiltfab-20&linkCode=w00&creativeASIN=1607055864
I've gotten a small (very small!) start, using the triangles from the diamond quilt
but not sure if I like light sewn to dark to make new diamonds.  I'll have to try some light to light and dark to dark to see how that looks.  Goodness knows I've got plenty to experiment with!  And then again, I may go in a totally different direction once I sort through the rest of the scraps.

Is your scrap bin overflowing?  Come scrap bust with me!

Happy Quilting!



1 comment:

  1. I have that book and LOVE it. I have a draw full of crumbs and pull them out for some mindless sewing when I have a minute. Then I cut them into 4/5" blocks and sew them all together. Eventually I'll enough to cut pieces from. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!