Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Book of the Month and other miscellaneous

Another month has gone by, bringing us closer to the start of a new year, and my one year blogging anniversary.  How time flies!
For December, I thought I'd choose a book that had smaller projects, such as table runners and wall hangings.  So, Kim Schaefer's Skinny Quilts gets the honor.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1607054396/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=1607054396&link_code=as3&tag=quiltfab-20
Maybe I'll do something seasonal, as I have a lot of holiday fabrics to use up.  Plus, I need some new placemats!


And how many of you took advantage of Black Friday sales?  Mine was spread over three days, and I have to confess I added to the stash, but it was a necessary infusion, really!  I took advantage of the sales at Joann, first with a lot of browns for a landscape quilt
then kids novelty prints and bolts of flannel, for all the baby quilts I make.  One of those prints was the pink monkeys to go with my pink/brown fat quarters--too cute!
And somehow I found room to store it all!

Along with my in store finds, I also did some online shopping, mainly at Craftsy.com.  No fabric, just classes!  Enrolled in four, so that will keep me very busy!  If you haven't signed up, there's still time before the sale ends Monday night.

As I mentioned above, I'm approaching my one year blogging anniversary, which is December 18.  I'm planning another giveaway to celebrate, and hope you'll come party with me!  

Happy Quilting Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!