Monday, November 25, 2013

One of the Nickel Trio

Here's another finish from my piecing marathon
I'm calling this 'One of the Nickel Trio' because I made two more blue nickel quilts at the same time.  Well, actually I made three more, but Nickel Quad just doesn't sound as nice!  And technically, one was from a pattern that already had a name.  So, Trio it is.

This one was really simple to put together.  Four twenty-five patch blocks, and a lot four patches on the edges and through the centers, all separated with sashing.  Really an easy way to use up nickels squares.

For the quilting, I used an all over star and swirl pantograph pattern.
'Two of the Nickel Trio' is currently on the frame, and here's a sneak peek of the quilting in progress
I was quite inspired with the quilt design on this one, so it's getting custom quilting.  Still have a long way to go!

And remember that QuiltingGallery.com is holding a blog hop with giveaways this week, so be sure to check out the blogs and enter for the giveaways.  To see mine, click here.  The comment count is getting closer to two prizes being awarded!  Contest ends November 27, Wednesday night, so send your friends on over!

Happy Quilting!



 

3 comments:

  1. I love it and since I cut up a ton of fabrics into two inch square for some odd reason, I think I will make one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your quilt! I too have a bunch of squares that need to be used up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment!