Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Time For More Learning

I've been so busy lately that I haven't kept up with what's new at Craftsy.com, my favorite site for classes.  And I'm thrilled to see a couple new class offerings that look really interesting, and maybe they will to you too.

The first is Inset and Applique Circles by Machine, taught by Cheryl Arkinson.
For me, this is a very timely class, as I have been wanting to do a Book of the Month on circles.  And our guild is having Judy Cisneros speak in September about her new book, 
  Circle PizzazzI intend to take her class too.  Plus, I'm pretty excited to meet her, as she is the author of  9-Patch Pizzazz, which I featured as the March Book of the Month.

And speaking of circles, did anyone see the awesome quilt Angela Walters posted yesterday?  Designed by Emily Cier, the quilt is really an awesome piece!  Click here to see it. Maybe circles are the next quilting fad, just like hexies have become popular.

Anyway, back to Craftsy!  I also saw Fast and Flexible Log Cabin Quilts with Nancy Smith
I have to admit, I've never made a Log Cabin block or quilt.  But it is on my list, honest!

And someday, I'll check out Thread Art with Lola Jenkins
I've got a landscape project that I'm collecting fabric for, and it's probably going to need some thread art to make it sing.

Did you know that Craftsy.com also sells fabric and quilt books?  I knew about the fabric, but not the books.  There's a couple in there that look very interesting--three from Leah Day on quilting designs, a couple Modern quilt books, a book on diamonds (another possible Book of the Month), etc, etc.  Go check it out!  Craftsy has all sorts of classes, not just for quilting--a great way to learn something new!

Happy Learning!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!