Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Strips are Starting to Sizzle!

WARNING!  The following post may contain pictures that could be hazardous to your health!

Just kidding!  Although there's a lot of pictures that may make your eyes crazy at times.  I know it did for me yesterday when I was playing with settings for the blocks from the Strips that Sizzle Book of the Month project.  Here's what is currently on the design wall
setting 11
So far my favorite, but I think I'll play with it a bit more.

I started out yesterday with my first set of blocks made from twelve strip sets
Then I hit the Strips that Sizzle book, page by page, for all the different setting possibilities.  I must say, that if you love strip piecing and are looking for settings, this book is AWESOME!  There are so many design options it really is mind blowing (I had to take a 15 minute nap to refresh yesterday!).  Here are pictures of the favorites.  Careful--there's 10 so far.
setting 1

setting 2

setting 3

setting 4

setting 5

setting 6

setting 7

setting 8

setting 9

setting 10
 I know I'll have more after I play this afternoon.  But for now, which is your favorite?  Feel free to leave a comment below.  And don't forget the one at the top!

Happy Quilting!
 

6 comments:

  1. I vote for setting 3. Have fun. Wait, you already are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like setting 11 the best.
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!