Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Had Some Fun Today!

Today was stress free sewing!  And what could be better than that??  There is just nothing more peaceful than sitting at my machine and happily sewing away!

I started working on the blocks for July's Book of the Month, Strips that Sizzle.  This probably looks like an ambitious project given the amount of fabrics I'm using, but so far, it's quite enjoyable.  
I decided to go with more fabrics (12 each in two colors) for the blocks as directed, and cut them into strips.
The greens,
And the reds,
Cutting went pretty quickly since I could stack and cut three fabrics at a time.

Then the fun sewing part!  After cutting each strip in half, and I chose 4-5 strips per color family, making sure to go from dark to light.  And sewed 'em together!  Incredibly stress-free!  Here's the starter strip sets
Now it's on to making some blocks!  I'll keep you posted!

Happy Sewing!!!
Susan
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, Strips That Sizzle! That's a great book I haven't looked at in a while. I love the updated color combination you're using.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are gorgeous fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!