Monday, May 6, 2013

Mother's Day Cards

This morning I realized Mother's Day is this Sunday.  And instead of buying cards, I decided to make them.
















Aren't they sweet?  A mother heart hugging a child heart. 

The hearts are pieced, then inserted into photo frame cards from the arts and crafts store.  Since the opening is 4.5"x 3", I designed the heart to fit that size with extra on the edges to secure it in the card.

If you would like to do this for your Mom, I'm offering the heart pattern free.  It can be downloaded as two different versions:
For foundation piecing, click here.
For templates, click here for page 1, and here for page 2.

When putting these together, just pull out the scraps
Make sure you have big enough pieces, cause I only had shorter pieces for the white one.  That's why it has more piecing--a bit of crazy quilting going on there!








































When making these, I used the templates for size guidelines, preferring to sew a couple pieces together, then trim to size.  I wasn't worried about preciseness in measurements, as I knew they would ultimately be fine.  Definitely an enjoyable project!

Whatever you do for your Mom, I hope it's filled with lots of love!

Happy Quilting!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!