Thursday, March 14, 2013

Book of the Month Update and a Blog Hop winner!

Did everyone enjoy the Blog Hop hosted by Quilting Gallery?  I know I did!  And we have a winner of the "Family Favorite Quilts" book, comment #29 as chosen by the random number generator.
BizyStitches wrote:
I don't think I've ever done that. I might have seen a block I like and I try to make it myself and probably put it together different than what it is suppose to be. LOL
Thanks for being part of the fun blog hop. Lovely giveaway. Thanks for the chance to win.

I've contacted you via gmail, so please send me your address!

Now, on to the Book of the Month Update!
If you recall, I'm working from 9-Patch Pizzaz by Judy Sisneros this month, and exploring other 9-patch designs.
And I'm happy to report that Noah's Wild Adventures is quilted and bound!
Here are some closeups of the quilting:

I went with a swirl and curl panto on this, keeping in the wave theme.  The quilt is so busy, that anything with detail would have been lost.  Have to save animals for another quilt!

I must say, I enjoyed putting this quilt together.  It's a wonderfully different way to use big prints.  I'll search through my stash to see if there's another lurking in there!

Happy Quilting!
 

2 comments:

  1. Yippee, I got your email and sent you my address. I had to refresh my memory of what the book was and would you believe one of my favorite blocks is the churn dash, can't wait to see what is inside the book. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, I meant to say I love your Noah quilt it is darling. I like the quilting you decided to do on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to talk about quilting, and would love to hear from you!