Sunday, January 6, 2013

I LOVE Freezer Paper!


 My Ruth McDowell wedge project is coming along quite well, due in large part to freezer paper.  It makes the process so much easier!  The fabric is stabilized, it's easy to line things up, and everything is coming out smooth.  Just gotta love freezer paper piecing!

So this is what is done so far:



Day 1 was piecing the big flowers.  I didn't include the centers, as I plan to applique those on after the top is together.  I chose to go more blue than purple, as I'm not much of a purple person.  For the petals, I chose a solid, but for the star radiants, I chose a Moda marble.  Adds just the right touch!

Some parts of the flowers have stone around them, requiring that I make fabric choices now for the areas beyond the flowers.  I think I've changed my mind at least three times!  I've concluded that I'm not as daring or bold as Ruth is in her fabric selections.  So hopefully, this won't end up looking dull!


That's all for now.  I'll have more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting...you just made my day!